Sunday, May 30, 2010

I apparently love basketball.

Last weekend my neighbor Ada asked if I wanted to go watch a game in the town we live in. Since my schedule is always so full on Saturday nights, I said no...mentira, I was sitting in my apartment so I went, of course. When we got to the gym, I realized it was two churches playing each other, and Ada was in charge of doing the sound system. I could go into some lengthy blog about how this was this worst game of basketball I had ever seen, yet extremely humorous at the same time, but I'll just give you the highlights of how unorganized the whole thing was:

1) It has been raining (it is a covered outside court) so water was everywhere. To start the game and actually be able to play, they had mops and put newspaper everywhere to soak up the water.
2) The power went out right when they were starting so we all sat in the dark for about 10 minutes before anyone could figure out what to do.
3) The ref was a boy they picked out of the crowd, and the announcers were three kids under the age of 12 that decided last minute it would be fun to talk into the microphone.
4) The timer was an iphone.
5) When one of the teams was passing the ball around on offense, a guy passed it to a player out of bounds resting.
6) A player was passing the ball in for the guy to take it down the court. When the guy received it, he ran half way down the court, not realizing he was not dribbling. ouch.
7) On one team, two of the players would not go back for defense because they thought it would be better to stay on offense, and one of the other players could throw the ball down the court to them for a fast shot.
8) I was more fascinated in the kid who was trying to do the moonwalk.
9) Someone brought a dog in a princess outfit. Every time it passed us, we had to laugh.
10) Last but not least, I was in my skinny jeans, and I still could've shown those boys what's up...no seriously, I am not being prideful.

No comments:

Post a Comment