Sunday, January 30, 2011

Say What

Yes, that's right. I have students who can read. The students in my class come to our school in the morning and public school in the afternoon so from both places they are learning how to read. We have so much more to teach them about reading, especially the ones who are having alot of trouble in it, but it is such a blessing from the Lord to see the ones who can do it on their own. This past week I asked Bienvenido, our smartest student, to read in front of the class. I thought he might be too embarrassed, but he just got right up in front and started reading. After him, Escarlet went, and then, as you can see in the pictures, Luis Fernando read the next day with the help of Bienvenido. Of course all the boys wanted to, and so they grabbed a book and their chair and sat in front reading. Really, I almost started crying. It was one of those moments where you feel like all your efforts and the time you put in amounts to something, and you aren't standing up in front teaching, meanwhile your kids are looking at the trees outside. Well...I know that does happen for some, but let's just pretend for now it doesn't :).

No comments:

Post a Comment