Sunday, December 19, 2010

Last Day of School

Friday, I had my brothers from Pancho Mateo come and entertain our first grade class for our classroom Christmas party. I told them they had to sing two Christmas songs so they came and sang “Feliz Navidad” about 10 times in a row :). Johan made a big introduction for them, and they came in the room dancing, clapping, and singing. Johvanny then had Joel translate in English for the students...Joel does not know English nor do the students speak it. Awesome. He was making up words, and of course the kids have no idea so I am pretty sure they bought it. I was cracking up. After this, Cakito talked about Christmas and why we celebrate it, emphasizing Jesus’ birth.

The students were singing along and listening to every word Cakito and the boys had to say. I think they were a bit speechless for awhile. They had no idea what was coming! To finish up things in the classroom, we turned on "Teach me how to Jerk," and Joel and Johvanny did a bit of break dancing. Once this was over, we all went outside to play a game of soccer in the mud…hilarious. Johvanny fell twice. Overall, I thought this was a great experience for the kids to see older boys they look up to, having fun in a good way, enjoying each other, and sharing about Christ. Hopefully I can do something like this again in the future, si Dios quiere :).

No comments:

Post a Comment