Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"Ff" es para Fiesta

Johan and I have been making an alphabet book with our kids, a letter each day where they can associate the letter with a picture of something that starts with that letter. Last week we were going over la letra Ff so they colored a flower, and then we decided to have a Fiesta with our kids after lunch before they would go home, ya know, hype them up on sugar and caffeine and then send them off with their parents. We went to La Sirena the night before and bought stuff to make cake, princess and transformers plates and cups, and balloons. They each made their own Fiesta hat to wear during the party because I was too cheap to buy them party hats, plus the ones in Sirena were ghetto.
After lunch, Johan took the students to the front of the school to distract them while I taped all the balloons up in the room and cut the cake. Once I gave the okay, he brought them back, and well, it was time to partay. They all jumped up and down and gave many bullitas, and then sat quietly waiting for their cake because Johan and I threatened them with no sorpresas if they did not obey :) love it when that happens. We sat a piece of cake and a cup of coca cola in front of them and yelled go. They all scarfed the cake down quickly and then asked for more, and this is where the point of my blog comes in...
I looked at their cups and noticed that no one was drinking their coca cola, but hey let's get serious, who from Texas says coca cola or soda. We say coke right? for everything. So naturally I say to the kids, "Todos, beban sus cocas!" No one drinks. Some kids turn to look at me, and Johan immediately goes, "Kendall, that is not what you say...you say refresco! You just told them to drink their cocaine." Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment