Monday, February 8, 2010

Love

When I think about the past couple weeks, the word "rough" comes into my head. I know it is just one of those exhausting times when I need to remind myself of the reasons why I love being here instead of focusing on the negative, so that is what I will do...
*I love my lil baby Weeson. It is my absolute favorite thing when I pull up to Chichigua, and Weeson comes running out of nowhere and straight into my arms. He has the cutest giggle and sometimes just loves to be held.
*I love Wednesdays in Kim's class when I get to sit by Memo and joke around with him. Memo is probably one of the strangest kids I know but at the same time so hilarious in my opinion. The other day we brought him, Ambiolix, and Bernito over for some popcorn, juice, and a Michael Jackson dance partay. Afterward, we stuffed them in the back of Negrita, and took a cute pic.
*I love Dido. Dido is the mom of one of our students, and she is by far the coolest mom in the DR. Robin and I like to sit and chat with her at least once every other week. She likes to paint our nails so this week mine are purple.
*I love the friends the Lord has blessed me with while I have been here. My roomies are incredible. I could not have asked for a better living situation (no worries Katy, I still miss you!). Also, I have a hermanito named Johan...he is pretty cool I guess :).
*I love the neighborhood I live in. Everyone knows everyone, and I feel so safe. In addition, I live not too far from the beach. I have always been a beach girl growing up so it is nice to know that on the weekends, when I need to get away and rest, it is super close.
*I love playing basketball in Pancho Mateo with Sili and Cacito or in the multiuso...who said girls can't keep up :). Every Saturday morning, I walk to the multiuso where a bunch of boys are playing basketball, and I just hop right in. I usually get the "oh man, who is this girl", and when I make my first shot, I love the looks on their faces...ok not gonna lie, a lot of the time I play horribly.
*I love Nelissa. She is one of our new students who lives in Pancho Mateo with her grandma. I do not know what her grandma is doing right, but Nelissa is one of the funniest and sweetest little girls I have been around in this country. She has the softest hands that Kim and I like to hold while she is at school.
...and there you go! I could go on about the many things the Lord has blessed me with here, but those are some of the things I thought of first.

No comments:

Post a Comment