Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Feliz Cumpleanos Part Dos

Every week I try and go to Pancho Mateo to play basketball at least once. It is one of my favorite things to do besides going to Chichigua. The Lord has provided ways of being in community like playing basketball in Pancho or playing dominoes with my neighbors without having to speak a whole lot of Spanish. It is cool to see the way He works through that. Anyways, I went to Pancho today to play basketball with the boys (I mentioned them in my last birthday blog), and the usual came to the court, Jose, Kico, Cakito, Johan, and so on. Cakito, the ring leader who has become a very sweet friend of mine, had told me they had a birthday present for me. When I was grabbing my bag to leave, I noticed a present inside. Cakito looked at me and told me not to open it yet so I waited until I got home. I went in my room wondering what it could possibly be that all these boys together would want to give me. As I opened it, there was a note on top:
"From us: Kico, Johan, Johvanny, Jose, and Cakito. You belong to our team. Thank you for coming to play. We love you..."
Underneath it was their Club Pancho Mateo jersey they all have and wear. They gave one to me...tear. It is one of the sweetest gifts I have ever gotten. I am so thankful for those boys and that they are my hermanitos.

No comments:

Post a Comment