Thursday, February 5, 2009

brightest hour.the submarines





So this week was a bit slower than the others, but I will say my favorite part of the week was a dance partay Friday night with Jakob. I miss those wonderful dance partays in Ayrshire with my gfs so I put on a little old school Mariah and new Beyonce while Katy and I were making dinner. I looked over to see Jakob shaking his shoulders. I started dancing, probably looking real cool, and Isaak and Jakob were laughing at me...Jenna, I thought you said I had good dance moves? Anyways I pulled Jakob off the counter and he grabbed my hands and started dancing. I made him do a few twists, step side to side, and do a lil grapevine action. Sorry Jim, I will teach him the stanky leg next time :). All that to say, small things like this continue to put a smile on my face.

Wednesday night it was my turn to give my life story to all the girls. I had my mom send me a few pics when I was a kid till now, which turned out great. I started off with a fact from my birth that is probably a painful memory for my mom...I was over 10 lbs when I was born. chunk. I went on for maybe a little too long about my whole life telling some funny stories and some sad. It went really good. I was nervous at first and had a hard time at one part, but as a whole, it was nice sharing my life with these girls I already feel so close to and comfortable with. I did forget a few funny stories like Brooke telling Katy and I that if we gave her our candy, we would get jewels on our crowns in Heaven...what do you think happened, well yes, we ended up with all our candy in Brookis' tummy. When I finished up my life story, the girls then got to ask me all kinds of questions, like first kiss, craziest moment, what celebrity would I go on a date with (Mary, you know the answer). My craziest moment was with my sister, Ali Woods, and Kelly. We went pool hopping in a neighborhood where the backyards were facing a golf course. A man in a golf cart started chasing after us, and when we got in a backyard where we could escape, the man stopped his cart on the other side of the fence. Kelly and I stopped, hugged each other, and like the smart girls we were, pretended to be a tree together...shameful. Back to question time, the best part of it was when I mentioned how much I love music and how I wish I could play the piano. One of the girls I work with, Robin, told me she could teach me how to read music so now I will be meeting with her on Thursday afternoons when I am done with school. I am so excited, such a blessing!

Prayer request for the week: Since I have gotten here, I have not been feeling too good. Nothing too extreme, but my body feels very achy. In addition, I constantly feel fatigued (for those who know me well, this is normal :) I can fall asleep anywhere at anytime!). I talked to Anne about it because she is pretty much the expert about anything and everything. We came to the conclusion that the cause might possibly be that I am not getting enough iron. I am hoping that once I start taking iron, that will solve the problem. If you could be praying that this would go away, that would be great! As minor as it sounds, it really does affect my work and the relationships I am trying to build here. Funny fact, anemia can contribute to poor concentration...maybe that explains my ability, or shall I say my non-ability, to multitask...nah, I am just awful at it.

As a last note, for those of you who feel like you are going through hard times, I found the perfect verse for you. I was reading in Psalms this week and ran across Psalm 119.
verse 50 "My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life."
This verse is absolutely wonderful and is so hopeful. No matter what pain or suffering you might be enduring at the moment, always remember the bigger picture of God's gift to us.

Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment